INMACOM: Innovative Master`s programme in photonics and optical Communications to meet the needs of the telecommunications labour market in Uzbekistan.
The goal of INMACOM is the internationalization of higher education in the field of photonics and optical communications by jointly updating the existing / developing a new curriculum, taking into account the recommendations of partner institutions.
The Master of Science in Photonics Engineering joins this project with the support of Vrije Universiteit Brussel and Ghent University.
The project’s specific objectives, that are directed to solve and address above-identified problems fully or mostly, are the followings:
- Development of a new MSc curriculum in photonics and optical communications at 4 Uzbek universities;
- Capacity building of 4 Uzbek universities in photonics and optical communications education;
- Establishment of modern photonics and optical communications laboratories in 4 Uzbek universities;
- Pilot testing and starting implementation of joint modules/courses during the last project year;
- Strengthening university-industry cooperation to meet labor market needs.